How To Have That Difficult Conversation (Paperback)
Full of practical tips and how-tos, this book will help you make your relationships better, deepen your intimacy with people you care for, and cultivate more love, understanding, and respect between you and others.
Successful people confront well. They know that setting healthy boundaries improves relationships and can solve important problems. They have discovered that uncomfortable situations can be avoided or resolved through direct conversation. But most of us don't know how to have difficult conversations, and we see confrontation as scary or adversarial.
Authors Henry Cloud and John Townsend take the principles from their award-winning and bestselling book, Boundaries, and apply them to a variety of the most common difficult situations and relationships in order to:
- Show how healthy confrontation can improve relationships
- Present the essentials of a good boundary-setting conversation
- Provide tips on preparing for the conversation
- Show how to tell people what you want, stop bad behavior, and deal with counterattack
- Give actual examples of conversations to have with your spouse, your date, your kids, your coworker, your parents, and more!
This book is a practical handbook on positive confrontation that will help you finally have that difficult conversation you've been avoiding. Includes a discussion guide.
- Category : Christian Living
- SKU : 9780310342564
- Barcode : 9780310342564
- Size : 135 x 203 mm
- Long Author : Henry Cloud,John Townsend
- Number of Pages : 320 pp
- Language : English
- Format : Paperback
- Publisher : Zondervan Publishing House