How To Grow In The Christian Life (Pack Of 25)(Booklets)
How to Grow in the Christian Life
Be Sure of Your Salvation
No one can grow spiritually who lacks the assurance of salvation. Feeling that you’re a Christian or hoping that you’re destined for Heaven will never give peace of mind that you’re right with God. The Bible teaches that if you have received Jesus Christ as Savior, then you should know that you have:
Assurance of salvation. “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).
Forgiveness of Sin. “[God] hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son; in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins” (Colossians 1:13-14).
Certainty of eternal life. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life” (1 John 5:13).
If you have placed your faith entirely on Jesus Christ’s death for you, then take Him at His word when he said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life” (John 8:24).
Follow God’s Guidebook
The Bible is a living book written by a loving God. In it He provides basic principles, guidance and inspiration for living.
Set aside a time to read the Bible each day. Start with reading at least one chapter from the Gospel of John at a sitting. Then read Acts and Romans before returning to the other Gospels. Ask God to help you understand and obey what He teaches you.
As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What are the main truths in this chapter?
- What do I learn about God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit?
- Is there an example for me to follow? A sin to avoid? A promise to claim?
Then talk to God in prayer about what you have discovered. Praise Him for what you learn about Him. Confess sin revealed in your life. Bring Him your needs and the needs of others. Thank Him for His promises.
Grow with Other Christians
As a member of God’s family, fellowship in a local church is important for your spiritual growth. Ask God to lead you to a church you can learn from the Bible and share in worship, prayer, and service (Hebrews 10:25). When considering a suitable church, look for one which teaches that the Bible is God’s Word, our final authority, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, who died and rose again for our salvation.
How to Grow in the Christian Life
Make Christ the Lord of Your Life
- Turn from sin. As a Christian, you now have the power of God’s Holy Spirit to make Christ your new Master. Christ proved that he is more powerful than sin through his resurrection, so you no longer have to be mastered by sin in your life. It should be the most natural response, then, to make Christ the master of your life (Romans 12:1-2). Sure, you will still be tempted to sin, but now you have the supernatural power to resist it! Daily discover more of His power by asking God to cleanse you from sin (1 John 1:9) and empower you with His Spirit (Galatians. Victory over sinful thoughts and habits will not come automatically. Walk by faith and obedience, and you will learn how to please Him (Galatians 5:16).
- Pray often. Prayer is your lifeline to God. Talk with God throughout the day. Take all your problems to Him. He is interested in everything you do. Don’t let sin discourage and defeat you. If you sin, be quick to confess and claim Christ’s blood-bought forgiveness.
- Share your faith. Let those around you know how they can find God’s forgiveness and eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. A joy-filled, consistent Christian life is contagious.
- Serve Christ wholeheartedly. Look for opportunities to serve Him in your church and daily life. He can turn even the most ordinary tasks into ways to glorify Him.
- Category : Evangelism
- SKU : 9781682161272
- Barcode : 9781682161272
- Size : 89 x 137 mm
- Number of Pages : 6 pp
- Language : English
- Format : Booklet
- Publisher : Good News Publishers / Crossway