Philip Yancey probes the very heartbeat of our relationship with God: prayer. What is prayer? Does it change God's mind or ours or both? This book is an invitation to communicate with God the Father who invites us into an eternal partnership through prayer.
Polls reveal that 90 percent of people pray. Yet prayer, which should be the most nourishing and uplifting time of the believer's day, can also be frustrating, confusing, and fraught with mystery.
Writing as a fellow pilgrim, bestselling author Philip Yancey probes such questions as:
- Is God listening?
- Why should God care about me?
- If God knows everything, what's the point of prayer?
- Why do answers to prayer seem so inconsistent?
- Why does God sometimes seem close and sometimes seem far away?
- How can I make prayer more satisfying?
In this powerful read, Yancey tackles the tough questions and, in the process, comes up with a fresh new approach to this timeless topic.
"I have learned to pray as a privilege, not a duty," he says, and he invites you to join him on this all-important journey.
- Category Prayer
- SKU 9780310345091
- Barcode 9780310345091
- Size 140 x 216 mm
- Long Author Philip Yancey
- Number of Pages 368 pp
- Language English
- Format Paperback
- Publisher Zondervan Publishing House